The Community Artist Program Grant pairs up artists with hosts throughout the City of El Paso in order to bring the Arts to all members of our community in free, accessible venues. Almost any location can serve as a CAP Grant host. Criteria to become a host include:
- Venue that is free to both the artist and the audience/participants
- Venue publicizes the event in order to ensure an audience
- All programs and written materials for the event state: "With the support of the City of El Paso Museums and Cultural Affairs Department and the Texas Commission on the Arts."
- A CAP Host form is completed and faxed/emailed to Socorro Diamondstein at MCAD at least one week prior to the event at 915-541-4902/diamondsteinSQ@elpasotexas.gov
- The host completes an onlne survery after the event
April 1, 2013 Update: All of Ellen's slots for FY2013 have been filled. Please join her email list if you'd like to notified of hosting opportunities next year.
In FY2013, CAP Grant Performances took place at Royal Estates Retirement Community, VFW Post 812, Fort Bliss's Freedom Crossing, Slider Middle School, and Western Hills Elementary School.